Health Commodities` Logistics Management Information System (LMIS)
- The Prime Minister of Pakistan launched the Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) on the World Population Day, 11 July, 2011.
- The LMIS is a web-based health commodity information system catering the logistics management of health products for both population and health sectors.
- The LMIS helps the decision makers in planning, quantification, procurement and distribution of health commodities to the end user level.
- The LMIS helps to ensure commodity security through historical and up-to-date data from public and private stakeholders across the country.
- The LMIS provides continuous monitoring and availability of health products at all levels from national, provincial, districts and health facilities in both public and private sector thus preventing stock-outs and expiries to prevent No Commodity No Program situation.
- Initially LMIS was focused on contraceptive commodities but TB drugs (TB-DMIS) module was introduced in Feb 2013
- LMIS is housed in Planning & Development Division with technical assistance from USAID Pakistan
Who benefits from using the LMIS?
- Health & Family Planning Program Managers can use summary information for planning and budgeting.
- Commodity Managers can monitor shipments plan their arrival.
- Advocates and Researchers can use logistics data to perform intricate analysis within itself or in relation to program data.
- Donors can coordinate and allocate resources more efficiently.
- Technical Assistance Providers can access country-specific data to better understand contraceptive forecasting, procurement, supply chain management and financing context.
- Government of Pakistan
- United States of America/USAID Pakistan
- Planning & Development Division, Planning Commission of Pakistan
- Federal, Provincial and Regional Health and Population Departments
- Pakistan Procurement Regulatory Authority
- Drug Regulatory Authority/Central & Provincial Drugs Testing Laboratories
- USAID | DELIVER PROJECT
- Family Planning Association of Pakistan (RAHNUMA)
- Greenstar Social Marketing
- Marie Stopes Society, Pakistan
- Jhpiego Pakistan